Thursday, July 24, 2014

What's In The Box?!? - Episode 1 - "Dungeons & Dragons" Fifth Edition Starter Set


Okay, so I made my first game "un-boxing" video. Man, I feel dirty. 

Honestly, I've never understood the rationale behind these things:

"Welp, here I go! I'm gonna film myself opening this up to see what's inside and youze guys are just gonna sit there and watch me do it! And wow, whatta co-incidence: my copy of the game contains the exact same stuff in every other copy of the game!"

As such, I never felt compelled to make one. That is until my copy of the Dungeons & Dragons Fifth Edition Starter Set arrived dans le post.

Try as I might, I just couldn't open it. It sat there hermetically-sealed on my game table for about four or five days. Every time I dimmed the lights, threw on a Barry White record and stripped down to my skivvies I just couldn't bring myself to unwrap the damned thing.

I swear: every time I made a move to breach that cellophane I heard an old, disembodied voice whisper in my ear "Use the video camera, Luke!" Needless to say I thought that was super-weird, 'cuz my name's "Dave" not "Luke".     

So, if you dare enclickify the video below you'll...
  • Find out exactly what's contained in that long-awaited and much-ballyhooed Dungeons & Dragons Fifth Edition Starter Set.
  • See a comparison between some Starter / Basic Sets of yore.
  • Czech out D&D's stiffest competition: the Pathfinder Starter Set.
  • Get my humble first impressions about the game, for whatever that's worth.
Anyway, I hope you dig the vid. I plan to make at least one more of these things fairly soon (you'll see why) but if the response is particularly good I'll think about makin' more of 'em.

Cheers, my Dears!


Wanna get freaky with your very own copy of the Dungeons & Dragons Fifth Edition Starter Set? Click on the image below to carry off some phat lootz and help this blog quest on!  


No comments:

Post a Comment